Little Pickle’s Dad (LPD) loves to go skiing. Before we met, he used to go every year without fail but has only been once in the last 8 years. I know he misses it but for a long time, it just wasn’t something I could afford as a student and God bless him, LPD wanted to have holidays together rather than apart.
When his best skiing buddy asked him if he was up for an alpine adventure next year, LPD knew this could well be his last chance for the next few years to go. One last skiing hurrah before Pickle’s arrival. He threw caution, and finances, to the wind and agreed.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled for him. I knew he’d regret it if he didn’t go and a bit of a getaway before parenthood begins will do him some good. But now I want a getaway too. I want a babymoon.
- LPD will already be using 5 days annual leave for his skiing trip, so I want to use minimal annual leave as possible so he’s got more to use later in the year when Pickle is here!
- I’ve heard timing your babymoon is fairly important… I’m aiming for the 2nd trimester which doesn’t give me very much time to plan, especially as January is out of the window due to LPD’s work commitments
- Post house-move finances mean it needs to be very cost effective!
What I’m thinking:
- A weekend cottage break, Friday to Monday
- Friday to Sunday if absolute needs be
- Somewhere pretty, in the countryside, near a good hearty pub and some lovely country walks
- Potentially early February – before LPD goes skiing
Now to let the holiday searching commence… If you’ve ever booked a lovely little cottage break, definitely let me know how you got on! Who did you book with? Where did you go? Was it lovely?
Did you or are you planning a babymoon?
I’m on the lookout for a little baby on too. Also leaning towards a lovely cottage somewhere. There is a lovely one in Norfolk called Chamomile Cottage and some amazing cottages in Whitby. We usually love a little spa trip, particularly to Moddershall Oaks, but worried I won’t be able to do much other than swim and sleep due to Freddie (nickname for our little bump). Would love to see some of the choices you’ve been looking through.
Hi Becky! Ooh, both Norfolk and Whitby sound lovely – LPD and I visited the coast near Norfolk (I think?) about this time last year to see all the seal pups. It was magical! And I’ve never been to Whitby but ALWAYS wanted to go.
Such a shame these beautiful bumps prevent us from enjoying some of life’s lovely pleasures – some spas do maternity massage packages don’t they? But nothing beats a dip in the jacuzzi and a relax in the steam room (my fav!).
Hunt for somewhere to stay very much in early stages at the mo, but will let you know how we get on! Hope you find a Freddie-suitable trip soon!
Thanks for visiting, LPMx
Was it Donna Nook you visited? It’s not too far from us and have always wanted to go visit the seal pups but never get round to it! I cannot recommend Whitby enough – it is one of my favourite places as you can walk to the old town and up the hill and travel out to Robin Hood’s Bay and Sandsend.x
Planning a Babymoon – update! | Little Pickle's Mom
[…] a month ago, I talked about wanting to have a ‘babymoon’ (Planning a Babymoon). What with moving house and Christmas between then and now, time – and money – have […]